Friday, May 1, 2009

More doctor visits, more tests, more drugs

We took my poor baby to the doctor AGAIN today as instructed by the doctor if he wasn't getting better. Now, we have a new prescription to try a different steroid, we have to go get him a chest x-ray today, and on Monday he's going to Idaho Falls to be tested for Cystic Fibrosis...scary! Since he was intubated at birth, he's at higher risk for what they call "baby asthma" which eventually goes away, and the doctor thinks that with as many times as I had pneumonia growing up that I probably have asthma and that's where he could get it from. Awesome! I only ran track for 4 years, and no one caught on then that I could have asthma? Really nice of me to share. He's doing all these other tests to make sure nothing major is going on. To be honest I'm really hoping it's just baby asthma and not Cystic Fibrosis...nasty, scary disease! So, if you could keep our little man in your prayers, that would be awesome (and maybe mom and dad so they don't go crazy!)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Daleen! You guys are all in our prayers! I do hope that everything is okay and that he only has baby asthma...fingers crossed.

Melissa Voss said...

Oh no Daleen! I sure hope that it's not cystic fibrosis. You are definately all in my prayers. Keep us updated.

Melissa Nielsen said...

That is kind of scary. We hope the best for you and will definitely be in our prayers. Good luck with everything.

Morgan said...

Will do! Sending lots of love and support and prayers your way!

Cammy Aller said...

I will keep him in my prayers, that is so sad to hear. hang in there!

Dan & Brooke said...

Dude I really hope along with you that it is just asthma! We will be thinking of you guys.