Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day

So, for the first time since my Grandma passed away in 2001, we were able to make it back to the grave sites in good old Gunnison, UT; my old stompin grounds. It was very interesting to learn more about my genealogy from my Aunt Sharon. She is amazing! She does so much of the genealogy work for the family, I don't know what we're going to do without her. I was also able to show Brian where I was born and lived until I was 7, it was kinda surreal. But, the best part was being there around Memorial Day (the Saturday before), and to remember my Grandpa Rosenlund who had served in WWII. It's hard to imagine that he was gone for 3 years!!!! My poor Grandma! And I thought that Brian being in Iraq for 10 months was rough...geez! It was also nice seeing other ancestors of mine, which was a lot that are buried in this cemetery. I don't know if I'll get back down there before we leave this area, so it was really nice to take the time and go put some flowers on their graves.
My Grandma's sister
My Grandparents. I love the headstone (is that weird?). I think that Brian and I will have to see about getting our headstone made in Utah so that we can get the Nauvoo temple put on it.

All decorated with our flowers

One of my great-grandpa's wives (not polygamist, just died then he remarried)

great grandpa

the other wife

another headstone of the 2nd wife (couldn't get it to turn the right way for some reason)

My grandpa's military plaque

more great grandparents

0 comments: