Sunday, May 3, 2009

Holy Wow!

So, I was walking into sacrament meeting today and wondering what all the hold up was with the previous ward taking forever to exit the room, until I finally made it into the chapel and there was ELDER BEDNAR!!!!! He was up here because he was doing the CES broadcast in the Hart Auditorium later that evening, but it was kind of a shock to see him right there in person. It's not like I'd never met him before, because back in the day when I was going to Ricks College, and he was still the president, we'd see him all the time. I even chatted it up with his wife in a bathroom once, but it's amazing how different a person can "seem" when they are all of a sudden meeting with the prophet all the time. It was pretty amazing seeing him though, and too bad Landen was asleep, or I would have taken him up there to meet him. This is one of the things I love about Rexburg, and what I'm going to miss about our student ward!

2 comments:

April said...

Ohhh, too cool! We miss Rexburg and the ward more than anything....sigh...

Melissa Nielsen said...

I am way jealous. We miss Rexburg too. Our ward is definitely "real world" as it covers the downtown area of Buffalo, NY. Have fun there while you can.