Monday, September 1, 2008

West Yellowstone

We finally had a chance to go up to West Yellowstone last week! We left after I got off work and spent the night in our timeshare...what a nice place! We took a couple of friends with it, and made a day out of it the next day. Here's some pictures from the adventure!
Old Faithful held true to it's name and performed just nicely for us!
Brian and I posing as Old Faithful was dying out.
We stopped for a picnic, and Brian & Chet found a tetor-totter (sp?) to see if they could balance on it. They did a pretty good job!
Yeah! We saw a buffalo.
We were amazed how close these animals would let us get to them. There were seriously about 20 people standing around them at a time just taking their pictures...no big deal!
Our timeshare where we spent the night...way nice!
A nice close up of...whatever they are, we never could really tell.
Chet, Kristi, their son Braden and us near the "stinkpots", or really the mudpots.

The mud pots...you can actually see how they're bubbling..it was kinda cool, even if it was stinky!

5 comments:

April said...

So nice to see all of your smiling faces :)

Morgan said...

Ahh, I miss Yellowstone. We never really took full advantage of that place. IT's so pretty and the animals are incredible, because as you said they let you get really close!

Cammy Aller said...

Hey I see you have a blog as well. Looks like you guys have been having fun on your travels. When are you due again? You will have to check out my blog when you can. Take care Cammy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Don't you know you can get gored by those buffalo?!?! I love Yellowstone and looks like you had fun!

I miss you and I love reading about what you are up to! I'll call ya next time I'm up north!