Monday, September 15, 2008

Our night at the hospital for baby number one

It all began on the evening of the 14 of September. The wife starts her ritual of getting ready for bed. While taking off her pants she finds a huge wet spot on her pants and smells it for sweetness or ammonia. Well because of the due date being...not sure where Brian was going with that, but it's sounding kind of gruesome. He gave up, so I'll continue!
My water broke at 10:15 pm as I was getting ready for bed...yeah for 6 weeks early! I got in the shower while Brian started packing a bag then we headed to the hospital where I was only dilated to a 1 and 60% effaced. By 3:45 am, I was having some pretty good contractions, so the nurse checked me again and I was at a 3 and 80% effaced. They decided to call anesthesia and get and epidural in. It was in by 4:30...and boy do I love it. They started my pitocin at 6:30, and the doctor just came in here at 8 am to check me and I'm now at a 5 and 100% effaced...hooray for slow progress. So, thanks to the wonderful epidural, I'm able to update. He's projecting a noon delivery. I'll be delivering in the operating room so that they can hand the baby right through the window to the nursery. They said he might need to be on a ventilator and will probably be only 4 pounds, so pray for my little guy! I've been so worried about him this whole time, but he's still kicking away and his heart looks good, so everything should be fine, I just won't get to take him home right away. Oh, and I'd like to give a big shout out to Mel for sending me the only preemie outfit I own! It's packed in the bag for him...poor guy. Anyway, we'll update more later!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Whoa! I am sure that everything will be great and that baby Landon will be good and healthy. I am glad that you are so close to the hospital! I'll be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well!! Good luck:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so exciting!! I hope that everything goes well and that Landen is okay!! You will be in our prayers!!! I can't wait to see pictures!! Love you guys!!!

Laurie Wilcox said...

Look at you... blogging while you're in labor! Thanks for the update. We were a little worried after getting the text so I'm glad to hear everything is going as well as can be. We are constantly thinking and praying for you all! Love ya!