Friday, September 19, 2008

Latest happenings

I came home from the hospital on Wednesday...after milking for all it was worth because it's so much nicer to just have to walk down the hall to see my son as apposed to getting ready and driving up to the hospital. Needless to say, I'm still trying to recover and trying to spend as much time as I can tolerate in the nursery with him. I feel guilty sometimes for not being there more often, but I know that as soon as I start feeling better I'll be able to handle staying up there longer. Any who, here's some pictures from the last few days.

They finally put some clothes on him...hooray!
You can't see the pillow, but it's specifically made for them to lie on their tummies. He was so funny the first time they put it under him. He kept stretching out his legs and his bum would be straight up in the air. He almost looks like he's kneeling to say his prayers.
They started him on some nipple feedings for the first time today. I guess little white boys tend to not be as good at learning how to suck, so this could take a while!
They make these little hats for the babies in the nursery. It's so cute how huge it is on his head!
He was place on these special lights for a couple of days to bring down his bilirubin level. Here he's shielding his eyes from the lights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious!! Getting to be quite the stud! How about we have girls next and we can marry our kids off!!! :)

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet:) Don't be to hard on yourself. We all just do the best we can with our circumstances . It will be nice when you can take him home. Good luck with the next week.

Anonymous said...

My little boy said Awe he is beautiful...