Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kangaroo Care

So this was kinda neat (for some of you it might be too much information), but today after we tried feeding him, we tried what is called Kangaroo care which is supposed to help calm the baby and promote bonding between mother and baby. So, little Landen and I got skin to skin and he just laid on my chest. It was so sweet. He just became so relaxed and laid there like a limp noodle. He was so comfy, I felt bad for him when they took him away to put him back in his little crib, but he just slept right through it.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Ooo, that brought tears to my eyes! That is so sweet! The best thing ever between a mom and her baby is skin to skin contact. Love it!

Goodson Family said...

That's great! I'm so glad you were able to do Kangaroo Care! I have read wonderful things about how much good it can do - especially for preemies!

Besides just feeling bad for HIM, I feel bad for YOU when they took him away - that must've been hard to let him go when you two were so comfy.

Best of luck with all that's going on over there!