Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Taking it easy"

So I went to the hospital AGAIN last night because I'd been having contractions since about 12:00 that afternoon, not the horrible, painful kind, just the annoying braxton hicks/menstrual cramp feeling ones. When I got there my contractions were irregular (which is normal for Braxton Hicks) anywhere from 2-8 minutes apart! They were able to get them to slow down and be less intense after getting 3 shots of terbutaline (which makes your heart race and makes you super shaky by the way...not cool!). So, I was able to go home, thank goodness and met with the doctor this morning.


He checked my cervix again, and said that I'm "maybe" dilated to a "1" but Abrie's head is nowhere near my cervix, still "floating" up above, so he's feeling good about it. He's putting me on some medication that's supposed to keep my from going into labor and I've been ordered to "take it easy" and not work for 2 weeks. Oh, and I'm on "pelvic rest". I'm one of those people that needs things specifically spelled out for me, so being told to "take it easy" is way too vague! Basically, Brian's putting me on partial bed rest. As I've mentioned before we're losing insurance for hopefully no more than 2 weeks this Saturday, so we LITERALLY cannot afford for this little girl to come during this time! I'm supposed to be going in twice a week for ultrasounds, but as we found out today it's $500/ultrasound and visit, so we're thinking we can only afford to go once a week for the next 2 weeks and still have to be on a payment plan for it. Oh, they'll give us a 20% discount if we're paying out of pocket...so that helps a little ;). I've seriously never felt like I was relying on so much faith before and literally stepping into the dark trusting that things will work out for the best. We keep hoping that our insurance (since it'll be the same insurance only as an "active duty" military instead of "reserves") will still pay for whatever treatment during that time! So, I'm trying not to stress out about it, lay on the couch and watch Netflix shows and hope that my 2 year old doesn't feel neglected by him momma. Thank goodness Brian's done with his schoolwork and can be home more!!!

2 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I bet you are so ready for this baby to be here and just be done with all of this! Let's hope she can wait just a few more weeks! Let me know if you need anything! I feel bad that you don't have family close, but I am right in town!!!

Gurr Family said...

Oh I hope that the baby will stay comfy up there for several more weeks. I wish we lived closer and I would watch Landen for you for awhile. Good luck with everything.