Saturday, April 2, 2011

My "tail" update

So after going to 2 different doctors a couple of times this week and after having a study done of my nephrostomy tube done yesterday, the decision has been made to leave my "tail" in until the end of the month until I will be insured again. From what they could see, the upper portion of my ureter is clear, but the lower portion is a little harder to see with Abrie's head in the way. Yes, this is the "safer" alternative because there's a chance of another obstruction occurring during that dark abyss of no insurance and we'd have to pay for everything out of pocket to get it fixed, but there's also a risk of something going wrong with the tube during that time too. I just want it out, but am forcing myself to be patient with it because in the long run it's probably what's best for me and Abrie. It's making me slow down so I don't go into early labor again, so I'm trying to see this whole situation as a blessing. Brian's super worried about me even working, but my doctor is leaving it up to me. I don't work again until Thursday night, so we'll see how I feel. Anyway, here's a picture of my "tail" taken a week ago when I got it put in. Sorry if the blood grosses you out, but it doesn't look like that anymore! It's all clear now ;).

In other news, I'm now supposed to be getting ultrasounds twice a weeks to check Abrie, her growth, and movements since I'm such a "high risk" pregnancy. It's nice to be able to see her so often, but once again there's the issue of not having insurance for hopefully no more than 10-14 days. 2 of my OBGYN's are retired from the Navy so they're very understanding of how ridiculous military/government programs can be, so they're going to talk about how to work something out! We've been so blessed and watched over during this whole ordeal that it's very humbling. As much as I think about this most likely being our last baby because I really don't want to deal with all of this again, it's very hard to ignore my Heavenly Father's hand in all of this. Our prayers are being answered, just in VERY unexpected ways! I have much to be grateful for!! Here's Abrie at 32 weeks, 3 days. Sorry the picture's horrible, it's a picture of a picture taken from my phone.

1 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

Dang girl... you just can't have an easy pregnancy can you? I'm so glad the Dr's are going to try and work with you! Cute picture of your little girl by the way!