Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Finally (big sigh)

So after years of anticipation and months of waiting, we finally (unofficially) found out where we're going to be stationed:






That's in Washington in case you were wondering ;). I have mixed feelings about moving there. Yay for finally knowing, but not sure how I feel about a lot of rain...might need depression medication! I am however excited to be close to Seattle and all the new things we can do and see, oh and of course there's got to be more shopping options than I currently have!


I could hug Major Dickson (sp?) if I ever meet her for pushing so hard to get Brian his orders so that we can get back on insurance ASAP! Not sure how she would handle a hug, but she would get one! As is looks/hoping, we should be insured again as soon as next Friday the 15th!!! Hip, hip hooray! So, baby girl just needs to keep cooking until then (but hopefully longer). Still having some contractions, but they're a lot better and I can usually make them stop if I just sit down and drink water. All good news, now to go cheer up my grumpy 2 year old. I swear naps make them grouchier (if that's even a word) sometimes!

5 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

That's great! You will love it! The rain takes a while to get to ya, everything is just so stinking gorgeous there. I lived in Seattle for 2 years. LOVED every second of it!
PS- thanks for the sweet blog comment! I DO have stretch marks though :) Luckily I haven't had any since Damon so they are all faded. The rest that showed I smoothed out in photoshop :)

Laurie Wilcox said...

Washington will be a fun adventure. Is this really long term? It would be fun to have a roommate reunion and go visit the silly twilight sites.. see you've got that going for ya! We are still praying that your little lady stays put for a while longer! Love ya!

Hilary said...

The northwest is so fun! And you get all four seasons, despite what people tell you. The rain is a lot, but it makes for gorgeous scenery!

Acetylene said...

this is brian's old friend Ryan Coatney. My folks live in southeast WA, and McChord is a good place. Someone from my parent's ward works up there. It will be great for you guys, and the rain is not bad during the summer.

Mrs. Ponder said...

Congratulations! Dave was at Ft Lewis years ago and loved it!