Thursday, April 28, 2011

Still pregnant!

I guess, I really shouldn't complain since this means Abrie's still getting a good chance to grow and develop all those important things needed to arrive safely, but I'm not gonna lie...I'm in pain! I also don't feel like a have a lot of room to complain as I've followed a couple of friends from back home that have recently had twins and were more miserable than I could imagine, but in comparison to my last pregnancy, this one's been pretty rough (at least the last month or so)!


Just to recap, I had the pleasure of experiencing kidney stones and had to go to the E.R. on March 25th, and they put my nephrostomy tube in on the 26th (the day I supposed to have a baby shower ;). Although they've never actually seen the stone, my right kidney was completely blocked and building up fluid...hence the pain. The Dr. that put my tube in thinks he pushed it into my bladder when he shoved the tube in my back (yes, and it felt like a "shove" with only being given some local anesthetic!). So my "tail" and I have have been friends for over a month now, and they won't take it out until after Abrie's born because they don't want to risk having another stone develop...blah, blah, blah! I understand why, and really NEVER want to experience that kind of pain EVER again in my life (they really should give epidurals to people with kidney stones!), but this stinking tube is not to comfortable either! My muscles in my back around the site are constantly sore, and if the tube gets kinked, the build-up causes a horrible pressure! Like I said, so ready to get rid of this sucker.


To add onto all of that, I've been having contractions for the last 3 1/2 weeks, and as of Tuesday, I was still only dilated to a "1" and only 25% effaced! Some nights (like last night) they were stronger and about 5-6 minutes apart, but then after an hour start to wear off! They had me on medicine until Tuesday to stop my contractions (which they never did stop), and I was really hoping that I would progress a lot faster! My neighbor's trampoline is looking very appealing at the moment.


And, since I've never been this pregnant before, I'm getting to enjoy all the later discomforts of pregnancy! I'm pretty sure she's dropping (I really hope), because I now have pain on the right, lower side of my pelvis which is making walking very difficult! I have no idea what to even do about it, because there's not much stretching I can do, guess I need to call my brother the chiropractor ;). Needless to say, I really want this to be over, as I'm sure every pregnant woman feels at this point. I go into the doctor again on Saturday, so hopefully I've made more progress, unless I get lucky and deliver before then ;). I'm supposed to work tonight, and honestly I'm really hoping it puts me into a more active labor. At least I'm right there at the hospital and can just go upstairs if I need to ;).


I've been praying a lot, and had a priesthood blessing a few weeks ago that promised me that my body would have the strength to make it through all this, so I know it will, it's just my mind that is failing me! I know that if Heavenly Father wanted her here, she would come. I also recognize how much we've been blessed through this whole ordeal of the military taking a couple of weeks to change our insurance. I'm so lucky I didn't go into labor during the "dark ages" of that time! I was really worried I might with all the contractions, but I was again blessed with peace of mind that helped me know everything would be all right. So, now I'm just being impatient and quite frankly, super excited to meet this little girl! I still have so much to do to get ready for her (like finish her bedding), but I can't wait to see her and see if I get to have a child that looks like me ;). So, complaining session is over, I feel better and hopefully the next time I blog, it will be to introduce her!!!

1 comments:

Gurr Family said...

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. And I hope that you can have her soon enough that you won't be tooooo uncomfortable.