Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Graduate & an Officer

Well folks, he finally did it! He graduated!!!!! One or both of us has been in school since we got married 6 1/2 years ago, and it's crazy that it's finally over (well until 1 or both of us decide to go back ;). Yesterday was a super busy day with graduation at 9:00 am, convocation at 11:00 am and then his R.O.T.C. graduation at 1:30 pm. I unfortunately only went to the ROTC graduation because I had been in the hospital again the night before having more contractions, and was trying to avoid going into labor since we are no longer insured until the 25th of this month ;). Here's a few pictures that family took for us. I'm so grateful they were here! They were so much help with Landen while I was having my "labor pains", and even have been helping us get our house ready to put on the market! Don't know what we would have done without them this weekend! Anyway, here's a few pics:

Brian later told me he got me this flower...I knew better because I got one when I graduated too! Being goofy. Nice finally having all the pressure off!
Brian receiving his plaque after being sworn in as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army.
All his graduating class and staff of the ROTC program. There's 9 in his class, which is one of the largest to go through BYU-Idaho.
Quick little family picture (oh, and my poor mom in the background). Evidence that I was actually able/allowed to come to something.


I was super impressed by the ROTC graduation ceremony, and yes, I did cry! I'm so grateful that no one has tried to remove the acknowledgement of God yet from the oath that the officers, or any military person takes when being sworn in. That will be a very sad day! I'm so proud of Brian and all his hard work and sacrifices he's made to make this day possible. He's such a good man and will be an amazing leader in the Army! Now I think it's time for a little vacation...well I guess after Abrie comes ;)

2 comments:

Gurr Family said...

Yahoo!!! Congrats to all of you. I will miss you guys but I am glad I got to see you while in Utah. I hope all goes well for you.

Laurie Wilcox said...

Congratulations Royer family!!! Finishing college really is a family event... it certainly requires a lot of team work! Way to go!!! Take it easy Daleen (well, as easy as you can with an active toddler).