Monday, September 26, 2011

Landen's 3 (Part 1)!

Yup, my big boy turned 3 on the 15th! I'm not going to lie, with everything that was going on with Jayden, it was really hard for me to focus on a birthday, but I knew that it was important to set my grief aside (or ignore it), and put myself into planning Landen's birthday. Since we only know a few people, and they were either all busy or out of town for his birthday (I know, pretty sad ;), we just did a family party this year, but still tried to make it fun for him. So, we started off the the ideal day in the life of Landen! First off.......


Doughnuts and bacon for breakfast! Really, is there anything better ;). After we got done with breakfast, we had to get cleaned up quickly and headed over to the doctor for Landen's 3 year old check up. I don't have the exact numbers, but Landen is in the 2nd percentile for weight (woo-hoo he's on the chart!), about 25 1/2 lbs, and 10th percentile for height (about 36 inches). The doc says he's proportional for his height and weight, so not to worry. That's my little man!


After the doc, we headed to Blockbuster to rent a "Thomas movie", then headed over to McDonald's for lunch to "get a toy"
Oh, and playing in the play place isn't so bad either.

When dad got home, we opened presents, and he was super excited to get some in the mail. The little spoiled boy kept asked for more...Christmas will be really fun this year ;)




Then, per Landen's request, we had Mac n' Cheese n' hot dogs for dinner. He was in heaven! But finally, we got to the cake! He had been wanting to devour this thing all day! (he even stuck his fingers in it a couple times). Oh, he also requested the "cars" cake, and picked out the type of cake (rainbow sprinkle). As opinionated as this little boy is, it's also kind of nice to be able to give him exactly what he wants because he gets SOOOO excited about it! I love it!!!







Overall, I think he had an awesome birthday, which continued onto Saturday....but that's for the next post ;)

0 comments: