Sunday, September 11, 2011

2 Nephi 10

Ironically (or maybe not), I was reading 2 Nephi 10 from the Book of Mormon this morning while eating breakfast, and Jacob, the elected King at the time is speaking to his people about America from a revelation given to him by God. On today of all days, these 2 verses jumped out at me the most:


12) And I will fortify this land against all other nations.

13) And he that fighteth against Zion shall perish, saith God


What a great reminder! I'm sure all of us remember exactly where we were and exactly what we were doing on that horrible day, but these scriptures give me comfort in knowing that even though many nations will come against us, that God will protect and provide for us as long as we are striving to be a choice nation (at least this is my interpretation of it).
Today, I'm very grateful for men like this and my husband who willingly sacrifice so much for a country that they believe has been ordained of God.




0 comments: