Friday, June 3, 2011

2 week stats

So, I took Abrie in today for her 2 week check-up and was pleasantly surprised to see that she'd gained 1.6 lbs since her last check-up! It's so refreshing to have a child that actually ranks somewhere on a growth chart!! So, here's here stats at 2 weeks:


Weight: 7 lbs, 13 oz 29%

Height: 20.5 inches 53%

Head Circumference: 13.8 inches 21%


To avoid going stir crazy, I've been trying to get outdoors more since the weather has been nicer, and plus it helps Landen burn off some energy instead of throwing fits to get attention at home. Speaking of, Landen has adjusted much better than I expected. Most of the time he doesn't seem to notice Abrie since she sleeps a lot, but when she makes any noises he immediately wants to hold her, plus he must know where she is at all times asking "where baby sister go?" He's a cute big brother, and has become such a big helper, especially when I need things and am nursing at the same time.


On the topic of nursing, I finally went into the lactation nurse yesterday because I have a sore that just won't heal! I'm not bleeding anymore, but it seriously feels like an ulcer and my eyes water every time she latches on! I also wanted to make sure she was latching appropriately. I've almost given up breastfeeding everyday, but I keep telling myself that I'm not just doing this for me! I did get a prescription cream that has been miraculous at how much it has helped me heal already! Just in case pregnancy and childbirth isn't hard enough...


But, on an awesome note, I've lost 17 lbs according to the scale this morning, which means I've lost all my pregnancy weight plus 5 additional pounds! Yay for gestational diabetes!? I still have a lot more weight to lose, and am excited to get my all clear at 6 weeks so I can go back to my zumba classes...oh how I've missed them, but for now, I'm enjoying the fact that I've lost weight! Nothing like having a baby to make you feel instantly slimmer ;).


0 comments: