Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life...

Feast or famine, that about describes the cycle of our life right now. We just found out a couple of days ago that we have too much debt to income ratio (thank you student loans) to refinance our house right now. We've given the VA documents signed by Brian's commanding officer how much money he's going to be making once he graduates to prove MORE money will be there, but they just want to wait until May/June before proceeding. Not that I really blame them with this economy! But, we're were really kind of counting on having a lower monthly payment and not having to make a payment in March. Also, I haven't been getting ANY hours at work! I seriously have not worked since February 3rd. Granted I only work 1 night a week, but it has been extra income we've been counting on. Finally, we no longer qualify for GI Bill benefits because Brian has maxed out on them (good thing he's graduating), so there's money lost, and we're finally going to have to start paying on the VA loan that we took out to do some work on the house in 2009. It's all just a little overwhelming! Too much all at the same time!

But, I keep thinking, what could I be doing more? Can I really expect to be blessed when I'm not doing everything I can to show my Heavenly Father that I am deserving of such blessings? I know this kind of stuff happens to good people ALL the time, but at the same time, it's good to be reminded that I need to be making more of an effort in my spiritual wellness and not focusing so much on the temporal things. I am extremely blessed and need to remind myself of this when I start internally pointing fingers and having my pitty parties! Why am I blogging this? It makes me feel better to get it out I guess. I know that this too will pass, and we will learn from it and make better choices in the future, but I am truly grateful for the reminder of what it is I really need to be focusing on!

2 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

I can totally relate to your post. It feels like when it rains, it pours. I can't get any hours at the hospital either. It seems we are way overstaffed. We just bought a house last June and it feels kind of stressful. I try not to get down and take it one month at a time. I feel like when I look ahead and get stressed i see us losing our house and going bankrupt! which is over reacting! lol. it just gets the best of you. I agree with you that I need to focus on the important things, and prove that I am worthy of blessings. It's tough though...I know. have faith & pay your tithing! it will work out!

Laurie Wilcox said...

amen girlfriend! (sorry about the stress though)