Monday, March 7, 2011

Flour Power

So, Landen and I decided to make some sugar cookies the other day, and I made the stupid mistake of leaving the bag of flour out while I was painting in Abrie's room. Landen came in and shut the door for me (what a sweet boy), and I should have known something was going on by the amount of squealing and laughing that was going on in the kitchen, but seriously I was just trying to finish the baseboards. It was only a 5 minute project for crying out loud! Well, this is what can happen in 15 minutes. Apparently Landen was throwing flour at BJ, which BJ was trying to lick up at first, but then he started running outside to get away from him. I even heard Landen climb the chair and bang on the window to try and get BJ to come back in. Anyway, this is what I found:


Here's Landen helping me frost the cookies (he'd put a dab on the cookie, then put a spoonful in his mouth...very helpful ;)
See the cute little Landen and BJ prints?

This is the pile of flour I swept up (sorry it's hard to see with my light floors)


Some of the damage



The innocent flour covered face (sorry couldn't get the picture to rotate)




The 2 accomplices. I love that they're both hanging their heads in shame ;)



As I was trying to clean all this up, my visiting teachers stopped by for a surprise visit...they got a good kick out of my flour covered house and child. Glad I could brighten someones day ;)




1 comments:

Jenn said...

Love it! Sometimes these are definately "Laugh Later" moments. I have TONS of these moments with my mischievous little boy. Enjoy laughing! ;)