Tuesday, November 16, 2010

That's right!


We're expecting! Finally coming out to tell the world, because I'm 13 weeks today and supposedly in a "safer" trimester for miscarrying (but mostly because I couldn't keep it in any longer). This is a picture of baby at 9 weeks. I don't know if any expectant mom EVER stops worrying about miscarrying until the day the baby is born!

As many of you know, we've had problems in the past with getting pregnant (it took us 2 years to get Landen), so we are super excited that it only took 6 months for this little one! Besides miscarrying, my biggest concern about this baby is having another preemie. Let's face it, living in the NICU for his first 25 days of life pretty much sucked! Also, I've been informed that I can only gain 5-10 pounds because of my BMI...embarrassing I know, but also stressful. I've been working with a dietitian to even know how many calories I'm supposed to be eating. My problem is that I gain a TON of water weight right away (9 lbs this time!) which technically only leaves me 1 pound? The "good news" is that with my ALL day sickness I've lost at least 2 pounds of it (this whole sickness thing is new since I didn't have anything with Landen, but at least I haven't thrown up...yet, and it's getting better!). My dietitian has been very helpful and reassured my fears and saying that even if I gained 15 it would be ok. That's manageable! That gives me about a pound a month the rest of the pregnancy.

All that aside, we are very excited about our new little baby that will arrive (hopefully) May 24th, 2011!

13 comments:

Cassie said...

Congrats, so happy for you guys:)

Laurie Wilcox said...

Congratulations!!! Are you gonna find out the gender? Hang in there Dee, it sounds like you are doing awesome!

Randi and Adam said...

I'm so excited for you guys! You'll do great! I hope it all goes as planned for you. Your little guys is adorable! What a stud!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! So fun to find your blog. Good luck and hope you feel well.

BriANDaleen said...

Laurie, yes we're going to find out. If we have a girl this time, then we won't find out again (I say that now...). Jenn, I'm glad you found me too! Here's my email if you want to add me to your blog: daleen.royer@gmail.com

Gurr Family said...

AHHHH!!! I am so excited for you. Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting ... can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you guys. I'm so excited because I'm only 2 days behind you so we could have babies around the same time. Yeah!!!

Shannon said...

Congrats, Daleen! And don't worry about the gaining weight thing. We're 35 weeks along with our second, and I talked to my doctor about this too. She said that I could gain as little as 10 lbs and not harm the baby, but that it's okay if I gain 25-30 too. We just watch it at each appointment and can make changes over the next month if we need to reduce it a bit. I hope you have a smooth pregnancy - it goes by so quickly!

Unknown said...

Congrats D! I need to come visit you someday! Will you be around during Thanksgiving?

The Strongs said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! If this baby is half as cute as landen, he/she will be beautiful!! Hope you are feeling good!

Lacey said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome! I understand about having trouble getting pregnant, so I'm very happy for you!

Andy & Greisy Ogzewalla said...

That's awesome. Congrats!