Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Drama


This is where we spent Thanksgiving...well some of it. Landen had been sick for a couple of days (and we were in Utah), and by Thanksgiving it had gotten to the point where the rash that had started on his tummy was spreading to his armpits and legs. Also, he was having high fevers that medicine could no longer keep down. So, off the to E.R. we went (at least I had started my Sweet Potato Casserole and thanks to Katie for finishing it...she did a good job!). It took FOREVER to be seen because apparently we came in at the same time everyone else did and the E.R. was full. The doctor was going to check him for a urinary tract infection (weird we thought) and for strep, but he informed us that Landen was still a little too young to have strep. Well he proved them wrong! It came back VERY strongly positive! Easy enough fix though since antibiotics can cure it! Bad news it that it had taken 2 1/2 hours to get in and out plus we had to get his prescription filled, so we missed Thanksgiving dinner with my family down at my brother's house. We didn't really want to go spread Landen's germs with all the other grand kids anyway, so we went back to my parents house and Landen and I took a nap on the couch since we'd been up a lot the night before. We did however get to eat a bunch of left-overs that my parents brought back for us. So, not the ideal Thanksgiving, but what can ya do? At least Brian and I never got strep...crossing my fingers still!

0 comments: