Friday, February 27, 2009

Enlightenment

Who would have thought that having a sick baby would lead to a very powerful spiritual moment. I wouldn't even say that he was sick, he just started choking on some food earlier today, and just couldn't seem to get over it. There's some nice mucus stuck in his throat that rattles every time he tries to breathe. No matter how much I've tried suctioning it out (mostly gagging him), it's still rattling away. I feel so bad for the poor guy because he's trying so hard to get rid of it, and it's obviously stressing him out. So, I'm sitting there in the bathroom with him with the hot shower running while Brian went to Wal-Mart to get a new humidifier (the old one was toast!), and I'm overcome with just a small feeling of what our Heavenly Father must feel for all of his children, and how much he worries not only for our physical well being, but also our spiritual. Landen was just looking at me with his big blue eyes, and smiling at me while I'm sitting there sobbing as this realization that I had received washed over me. He's my angel, and I really am SO lucky to have him. There's so many people that don't get to have children, and the thought did cross my mind a time or two as we were trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years, but I don't think this moment tonight would have been as significant if I wouldn't have gone through such a struggle to have Landen in my arms. So, to end my ramblings, two things I've learned tonight is that 1) a sick child is harder on mom than baby, and 2) having the priesthood in my home, and being able to utilize it whenever we need it is an amazing blessing!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Daleen, I hope that Landon starts feeling better soon. I know that as a mother it is really hard to watch your child suffer/be sick. It's not easy! You are doing a great job! Thank goodness for the Priesthood! I know it's blessed us in so many ways.