Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a different experience for me this year, a lot of firsts. I am proud to say that I made my first Thanksgiving turkey and am quite proud with how it turned out. Some of Brian's family was able to be here for the holiday, which always makes holidays better. Unfortunately, Brian's mom was sick the whole day and didn't even venture out of her room, I felt so bad for her! Hence, that is why I was flying solo with making a turkey. I have to say, without the help of my sisters-in-law, the meal wouldn't have come off as well as it did. There was a slight mishap with the oven not being turned on when we thought it was for a couple of hours while the turkey was supposed to be cooking, but all that did was set meal time back a couple of hours...it still turned out OK. We also had a couple of friends over for dinner (thanks again for the yummy food!). Landen did great and let mom get a lot of cooking done. It was nice having the extra hands to help with food and watching Landen.

How Landen felt about the day
Landen's favorite place to sleep


3 comments:

McKendricks said...

Hey Royer Family,
Thanks for having us over for Thanksgiving! The food was great and also the company!
Love,
Matt and Nicci

Cammy Aller said...

Wow such cute pictures! Your little guy is so adorable! Happy Anniversary by the way, I love your wedding pictures! Sometimes just having a quiet night is just perfect. Glad your doing well

Mikasa said...

Dayleen, I was so excited to see your blog. Your family is so great! Your son is beautiful. I'm so excited to be able to keep up with you. Can you believe its been 7 years since Russia, crazy huh, anyways happy anniversary and Merry Christmas!!
Mikasa Sullivan