Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dinner-in-a-pumpkin

So, my coworker gave me this recipe that she uses every Halloween, and I thought I'd give it a try. It sounds yummy! So, if any of you decide to try it, tell me what you think!

1 small pumpkin, hallowed out
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz can water chestnuts
1 small onion
1 1/2 C cooked rice
2 lbs hamburger
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 can mushrooms

Brown the onion and hamburger; drain grease
To the meat add: 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 small can mushrooms, 1 can cream of chicken soup
Simmer mix for 10 minutes
Add 1 1/2 cups cooked rice and can of water chestnuts
Place mix in the pumpkin and cover with pumpkin top or tin foil
Bake pumpkin @ 400 degrees for 1 hour
Scoop out casserole and part of pumpkin to serve (Pumpkin tastes like squash)

May cook in a casserole dish and top with almonds or Chinese noodles. Bake @ 350 degrees for this method.

0 comments: