Monday, October 6, 2008

3rd week and counting

So here we are at our 3rd, and hopefully final, week at the hospital. The nurses seem confident that he will be home before the weekend, which is good since my mom is planning on coming up on Friday. He's doing really well. He's now taking all his feedings by bottle, and whatever he doesn't finish, they're giving down the tube, but he's averaging about half, if not more of his feedings as of today...so, we're crossing our fingers that he will be home by Thursday, latest Friday. He's now 5 pounds 12 1/2 ounces and 19 inches long for those of you that like numbers.

You can see that his face is filling out. He's starting to look different. Oh, and he loves his pacifier.
He's graduated to a big boy bed, and you can see that his tummy is filling out too....super cute!
Just chillin' getting the rest of his food through his tube...no work involved!

3 comments:

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Daleen! I have been off the computer since Bella was a week old, and so I had no idea until this monring what was going on. I am in shock as I spent my morning reading through and feeling awful about everything you have been going through the past 4 weeks.
I will try to give you a call later today. I lvoe you nd am praying (albeit late) for your little guy.
He's adorable though!

Heidi Meadows said...

Glad to hear that he is doing well. I was actually 5 lbs 12 oz when I was born. Crazy to think that he is almost 4 weeks old and just now that size. I hope everything goes well and that you get to take him home soon!

Morgan said...

That is such great news! I really hope that everything goes well so you can get that little guy home!