Friday, November 4, 2011

Trunk or Treat

I was so excited that our ward (church) decided to have a trunk or treat! We hadn't been to one in FOREVER! For some reason they didn't do it in our last ward in Rexburg (seriously, I thought that was part of the church handbook!), so it was fun to introduce it to Landen. The young women in the ward had set up little booths for the kids to play in and get prizes. There was "fishing", a "kissing booth" (you threw a bean bag at someone's kisser through a lip shaped opening---quite funny!), bean bag toss, and a cupcake walk! Landen was in heaven! Also, there were a couple of other boys that were having the time of their lives just chasing Landen around and picking him up. I'm pretty sure his energy lasted longer than theirs.


We also had a chili cook-off, and I made a yummy black bean and sweet potato chili I got from my friend Holly (go here if you want the recipe). I STILL have tons left over and need to find some way to get it eaten (it freezes really well though).


Here's Buzz himself waiting to do the cake walk. After dinner, all the kids had a blast running around the parking lot going from car to car getting candy. Landen had a lot of fun going around with his buddies. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Abrie in her costume, so you'll have to wait until I catch up on the posts ;)

0 comments: