Sunday, December 6, 2009

Venting

So as my time is quickly approaching to become a stay at home mom, I've been really thinking how HARD this is going to be for me!!! Being a mom is such a selfless responsibility, which I've never complained about, because I truly enjoy my time spent with my little man, but going to work has always been a nice and even much needed "break" from being "mommy" so that I can feel like "me" again. Does that even make sense? I love the socializing that I get at work, and to think about more complicated things that are going on with my patients, and not just when was the last time you ate and it's time to take a nap. I guess I'm going to have to start getting more creative with Landen to help me stay sane also! I'm excited about having more time to exercise and get in better shape, but other than that...not quite sure! So, if any of you have any suggestions for me, I'd really appreciate all the advice/ideas I can get. I really have a greater respect for stay at home moms!

2 comments:

Laura and Tyrone said...

I cannot say that you will not go completely insane while at home with you child, but I will say that developing your hobbies will help. However, with two kids, I rarely have time for that, and now live for the weekend when Tyrone will be home to at least distract Elizabeth from me. I've told my kids numerous times that it's lucky that they're so cute, because otherwise, I might have pitched them out months ago. Good luck, and don't worry --if you ever find yourself talking to yourself or in third person, it's okay. We all go through the multiple stages of motherhood and insanity... :)

Hilary said...

If you need a change in scenery, you're always welcome to drop by! Or Owen and I may just stop by... socializing is very necessary as a stay at home mom, otherwise, I'd go crazy!