Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Landen's sad stats

My poor small child had his 15 month well baby check-up today and is still just a little squirt! He only weighs 17.1 pounds (0 percentile), and is 29.5 inches tall (9 percentile), but his head is in the 13th percentile...wahoo! He's apparently "proportioned" for his height and weight...whatever! It's so frustrating! We had him up past 19 pounds, then he gets a runny nose and a cough and he loses his appetite and loses weight! He's constantly sick! He'll be fine for about 2-3 weeks, then his sniffles come back. On top of having baby asthma, I think he has allergies! The doctor has me trying him on Benedryl twice a day now to see if it helps...this poor kid! But, as usual, he takes it like a champ! He never acts like he's sick and still is into everything like a maniac. Believe me, I'm counting down the days to nursery. I sure love this kid though! He's definitely become a "mamma's boy" lately and even threw a tantrum the other day when I handed him to Brian...just sad! I mean it's great and all being the favorite parent ;), but seriously, I'd like to be able to go to the bathroom without my shadow following me around, and of course where he goes, so does BJ, so I'm never alone. He is really good at playing alone and will actually do so for quite awhile as long as he can find something mischievous to get into ;). Anyway, there's an update on my little man. He's so fun!

3 comments:

Dan and Whitney said...

But what a shadow to have! I can only hope in my wildest dreams that our baby will have eyes as gorgeous as Landen's. Poor little guy. My sister has had asthma and allergies from birth and she too had trouble gaining the pounds.

Hilary said...

No worries, Owen's in the 0 percentile for his weight too! And only the 4th for his height!

Hilary said...

I need to get your number so we can hang out!