Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Reunion

So my mom's side of the family had a family reunion/80th birthday party for my grandma the weekend of July 24th (when every other Mormon seemed to be having their family reunion). I can't say that I remember being in Utah for the 24th of July which is a state holiday (Pioneer Day), and it's a HUGE deal. There were parades in almost every town, and I even saw fireworks! The sad thing about the whole trip is that I didn't take any pictures! I was too busy hanging out with my cousins that I forgot to pull out the camera. I'm hoping that I can get more pictures from everyone! Just to give you some background info, my cousin and I tried to add up how many immediate cousins there are (not including spouses and their children), and we came up with 45!!! All that from my grandma having 8 children of her own! What an awesome site it must have been for my grandma to get to SEE so many posterity. One of my cousins made a picture slide show for grandma and of course I cried. We also spent a day in the park which of course included face painting, eating and what's a reunion without a water fight? So, here's the few pictures I took...SAD!

Landen hanging with the boys (Abe and Kaden)


Landen and Cason are only a couple of months apart. They were so cute chatting it up. They definitely speak the same language! Bella was so cute with Landen...she just LOVES babies!



0 comments: