Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trip to Boise

So, amazingly, I had 5 days off in a row, and instead of spending them home alone, I went out to spend time with my brother and his family in Boise, with the hopes of getting a chance to see Brian. It paid off! I was able to pick him up on my way in town and spend the evening with him before dropping him back off by 9pm that night. I also got a surprise when he called me the next morning to come and pick him up to spend the day with him from 11am to 7pm that night! It was more than I had expected, so I was grateful. It was fun seeing all the nieces and nephew too. BJ and Kaden are the best of buds. Kaden was actually able to wear BJ out...which has never happened. They were so cute together. They disappeared outside for awhile one of the days I was out there and when they came back in they were soaked...we'll never know why, but I would have loved to have been somewhere to witness their fun.


Kaylee, Kelsey and Kaden getting ready to go float the creek
Yeah for self portraits, at least our heads didn't get cut off!
Kaylee and Kelsey's first day of school!
Oh, and to conclude this little adventure, Brian was able to come home early. He'd left the car parked down by the park, so when I came home, and he was hiding, I didn't realize it right away. I did have my clues though. When I first walked in the door, the TV was on, and I know I didn't turn that on before I left for work that morning, but I just assumed that BJ could have stepped on the remote and turned it on. Secondly, the kitchen light was on, but I figured if BJ was bored enough, he could have jumped up on the wall and turned it on. After all, he has learned how to open the gate in the back yard, and open the front screen door! The thing that started to get me concerned that someone was or had been in the house was when I walked by the laundry room and the cupboards were open...there's no way BJ could have done that! So, just as the panic is starting the set in, Brian jumps around the corner and almost put me in pre-term labor. It was so good to have him home a day early though, and it's been great having him home since. Now he's reading over my shoulder so I can't be gooey anymore.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Hi Daleen! I'm glad you had fun on your trip! I have a question for you... I'm going to be applying for a job at the hospital and was wondering if I could use you as a reference... Thanks! Glad to see things are going well! I can't wait to see what your little man looks like when he comes out!

Morgan said...

Yay for surprises!

Keirsten said...

you're so cute!

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

I don't know how you do it....your amazing! I am glad you had a fun suprise!