Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our 4th of July

This year was the first year since we've been up here that I didn't have to work the day after the 4th, so we were able to go up to Idaho Falls and see the fireworks. But, I did end up working that day. One of my patients was kind of funny. He's from the UK and was doing a national parks tour when he got sick. But, he was telling me how his nurse had come in the night before and told him "happy 4th of July!" He said his response was "why would that make me happy....we lost!" A very good, but clever, point.





Anyway, after I got off work, we drove up to I.F. to meet up with the group who'd already picked a spot on the Greenbelt. I probably wasn't the best of company since I was so tired, but it was great to spend time with friends and family, and enjoy some of the freedoms we are able to be blessed with in this great nation. We even took poor BJ along, even though we know how much he's enjoyed fireworks before (major sarcasm). We put cotton balls in his ears, and that seemed to keep him from going frantic, but he still shook the whole time...poor buddy, but he did watch them at least, instead of trying to hide. Anyway, here's some pictures from the day!





Liz with her patriotic cake!



Our cute BJ. His red handkerchief was the closest we could get to finding him something patriotic.


The three of us. We really did try to get him to look at the camera!



We were right across the river from the Idaho Falls temple. It was really pretty, our camera just stinks!



Some of the fireworks...this actually turned out better than I thought it would!

4 comments:

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Yeah! Looks like you had a great day, and with our Lizard! I am so jealous!

Anonymous said...

K!!! What is the deal...putting Buddy right in front of your prego belly!!! Lets see some belly pics!!

Morgan said...

LiZ! I miss you girls! I gotta be honest I really missed the small town feel of Independence Day celebration. There is nothing better than a parade to kick off the day and some good homeslice cooking

April said...

I love the "family" picture with BJ, that is too cute!