Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crazy week!

What a crazy but mostly fun week it's been! After I got off work last Sunday, Brian & I drove down to my parents house in West Jordan all excited that Brian was out of school for 7 weeks so we could play a little bit. Here's where the excitement begins.

We woke up on Monday and found out that my sister-in-law Julia had gone to the hospital over night thinking she had kidney stones. I guess they changed their minds and decided is was fluid around her kidneys. I'm not sure they ever figured out for sure what was going on, but decided they should go ahead and induce her. She was 37 1/2 weeks, so they weren't too concerned. So Brian & I went down to their house and stayed the night with their kids while Cason Scott Rosenlund was born. Remember she was only 37 1/2 weeks along...the kid weighed in at 8.2 pounds and 18 inches long! I could not imagine how big he would have gotten if they would have waited until the actual due date!

Well the poor little guy ended up having some complications. As my brother Darren put it, on the way out he "swallowed some lake water," and was having some difficulty breathing. They ended up putting a tube down him to help him breathe and put medicine down to help expand the lungs, but the tube was down too far and the medicine only got to one lung. Needless to say, only one lung ended up expanding, so by 2:00 AM they transferred him to a different hospital with better ventilators for babies to try and help him breathe better. He's doing much better and might actually be coming home today. He's a cutie.


The sad part is, that for some reason, we didn't get out our camera the whole time we where down there and hanging out with cute Abe and Bella, so we have no proof of the whole adventure. Those kids did surprisingly great without their mommy and daddy home all night long. They're getting so big.

On Tuesday, my mom threw me a baby shower with all the family that was in the area. It was so fun to see cousins I hadn't seen in 4 years, and even some of Brian's family was able to come. Again, I'm lame and didn't take any action pictures of the party, but here's some pictures of my favorite items. My sister had made a "diaper cake" and this was on it. I'm sure they won't stay on his feet, but I can't wait for him to get here so that we can put them on him.


Finally, once we came back I had to deal with crazy busy work at the new hospital (if you build it, they will come...and come...and come!), but we've also been able to get some more work done on the baby's room. I love the color that we've painted it. Don't worry, I'll post some pictures of it when we're all done. Like I said...a crazy week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man! You have had a crazy week! I totally can not wait for you get get the room done-soo excited to see it!

Miss Amy Merritt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Woops! I accidentally commented from my other blog--but...

I can't believe you were in Utah and didn't call me?!?! What's the deal with that????

J/k! I think I got that once when I was in Idaho--which I'll be passing through this weekend on my way to Yellowstone...

Glad the baby is doing ok! You and your fam are in my prayers!

Love ya!!!