Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ode to Sugar

While we were staying at my parent's house their dog, Sugar that they've had since FOREVER (I think she was 16 years old) started really going down hill. The poor baby was wandering around in circles, panting heavily, and would even just collapse because she was too weak to even walk. She's been pretty blind and deaf for years. So, my parents did the merciful thing and put her out of her misery. She was such a good dog! She was the second dog I remember having. She was Katie's first, so she had a pretty hard time when she was acting really sick. It was a good opportunity to teach Landen about some of Heavenly Father's plan for all of his creatures, and to tell him that he would see Sugar again someday. That death is only a temporary state. It's such a beautiful plan that our loving Heavenly Father has created for us, and I look forward to seeing sweet Sugar again in a more perfected body!


0 comments: