Friday, October 7, 2011

Sanity...

....it's fading quickly! As a military spouse, you come to expect to be alone A LOT, which sounds bad, but it's doable. I've been able to hang on to a lot of my stubborn independence, but that sometimes gets in the way when Brian IS home and I have to remember that he can help out too, and I don't NEED to do EVERYTHING.


But, Brian's been out in field training for the last 2 weeks and home on weekends. Again, bearable...until the car broke down on Monday, and the tension's been building! I'm trying not to get too annoyed with the stupid guy at the shop that won't give me any answers as to what's going on with my car and seems annoyed when I ask, because he so graciously arranged for me to get a ride home with the kiddos in an Acadia (dream car). I'm trying not to get annoyed with being stuck in the house since the wheel on our stroller was blown out at Sea World (by them), but I finally got the replacement wheel in the mail!!! I'm trying not to go insane with an active, bored, potty-training 3 year-old, because he really does say and do some of the funniest things (just not when he decides to empty a salt shaker all over the house including BJ's food). It's still sticky hot here, but again, bearable, so we actually were able to venture out to the park yesterday. Landen complained it was too hot, so we didn't stay long. Abrie also shared her frustration that she was tired and was so over being out in the heat.


Brian comes home tonight for a nice 3 day weekend. I might run away to Corpus Christi and spend the weekend on the beach...probably not, but one can dream ;). Moments like these keep me SANE:

0 comments: