Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jayden's Funeral

Abrie and I were lucky enough to fly out to Utah for Jayden's funeral, thanks to the military allowing Brian a day off from training to stay home with Landen. We flew out Thursday September, 22nd in the afternoon after Brian got home. It was so nice going out at 9:00 p.m. in Utah! The weather was heavenly!!!

While Katie and Cory were still in the hospital, they took Jayden and made little molds of his hands and feet. I put the block next to them to try and give you a scale. That's about a 1 inch block. (Sorry about the blurry picture, taken from my phone)

His feet were so long for how tiny he was!



Here's a couple of views of the his flowers at the graveside service. His casket is so tiny!




I'm a complete jerk and help up the service by about 20 minutes! I dropped Abrie off at her Nana's house so that I wouldn't have to worry about her during the service, but it took me an HOUR to get down there!!! But, it only took me 30 minutes to get back (when in Utah, drive like Utards). Utah construction is ridiculous....it seriously doesn't make sense what they do sometimes!




Anyway, the service was sweet and simple. There were quite a few people who came in town for the funeral. Katie and Cory wrote a letter to Jayden that was read at his graveside that was so touching. I was crying from the opening song but finally got myself together for the closing song. This whole experience just makes me grateful for the knowledge and ability to have eternal families. This has been an incredibly huge trial for my sister and her husband, but they've been amazing at how well they've handled it. They attest it to all the prayers that have been and are being offered up in their behalf. They're also using their good sense of humor to work through it too. Cory was so sweet, he insisted on helping actually burying him. I know they still have a long road of healing ahead of them, but the progress they've made already is astounding. I'm so proud of them and their strength!

1 comments:

McKendricks said...

I can't imagine losing a baby. Are you and Brian going to Brett's wedding?