Thursday, August 18, 2011

More than my sister

She's my best friend, and even more than that, she's an answer to my prayers! Looking back, having a little sister was probably the first huge answer to a prayer in my short 10 year old life! She is our miracle, our "Saturday's Warrior", our family just wasn't complete until she came! I prayed for years to have a little sister, and as soon as I found out that my mom was pregnant, those prayers were in even more earnest.




My sister is seriously awesome! She is so talented in everything that she tries. She got all the good genetics, tall, thin, wavy hair, amazing eyes (you know how sister's like to compare everything even with a 10 year age difference ;). She also inherited my dad's ability to feel everything so deeply, and because of that, she is one of the most compassionate people I know! She's always the favorite aunt to all her nieces and nephews (she says it's because they're closer in age to her, but she has an amazing way with every type of person in every walk of life). As Katie (my sis) put it recently, "I can never get mad at you", and I totally feel the same way! We are able to communicate in such a way that we never get offended, which is pretty unique I think, especially since we're both girls.




And now, my beautiful, younger sister is going through the hardest trial of her young life! Her and her husband Cory are expecting their first baby, due December 31st, a little boy to be named Jayden Dale Sharp. Of the pictures I've seen of him, he's perfect, and Katie has been so overwhelmed lately with being able to feel him move and how active he is. But, she went in for an ultrasound on Wednesday, and she's being told that her perfect little baby boy might not be so perfect. What they know for sure, is that he only has 3 out of 4 chambers needed in his heart, and that his kidneys are enlarged and not working well. What they don't know is if it's something chromosomal/genetic, which will take a couple weeks for results to come back for sure!




My heart is breaking for my sweet, compassionate sister who loves her unborn son so much. But amazingly, my sister is already teaching me about the tremendous faith she has! She's so much stronger than I think she even knows. So, now I ask anyone who reads this to offer up prayers in behalf of my sister and her family. They need comfort, and to feel the peace that only our Heavenly Father can give them.


5 comments:

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Oh no. What a terrible trial. I will be praying for her. Keep us updated. Love you

Suzi said...

Give her my love and I will be praying for them.

McKendricks said...

So true about the unconditional love and never being made at your sister.:D We'll remember them in our prayers. How do you like Texas? Will you guys be in Utah for Brett's wedding?

Gurr Family said...

Some times I wonder if it is better knowing these things before hand. It just makes waiting harder. But then they also have time to prepare and learn about the condition. I hope and pray that they will have the faith and strength to get through this.

Andrea said...

oh heavens. We had a friend recently go through a very similar experience. Bless their young, sweet hearts. I can't imagine. We'll be praying for them and baby J.