Sunday, January 31, 2010

Answered Prayers

Ever since Brian has been working nights, Landen and I have always prayed for him to make it home safely from work. He's working full time and going to school full time, and frankly, he doesn't get enough sleep before he goes to work. Well, this morning Landen's and my prayers were answered! I guess Brian fell asleep while driving home (he was only about 15 minutes away), and woke up as he was going off the road. It had been snowing all night and was still coming down, so when he tried to get back on the road he was never able to get back in the lane and ended up rolling the car and totaling it! The car I guess ended right side up and Brian was able to get out and call the police. Amazingly, he didn't have a scratch on him. I even made him go to the ER when he got home, because once the shock wore off, he was feeling some back pain, but even the doctor in the ER said everything was fine! What a miracle! Brian later told me that if it weren't for me constantly reminding him to wear his seat belt and following the promptings of the spirit, this could have been a lot worse! He left work originally without his seat belt on, but put it on later...thank goodness! It's moments like this where you realize a few things: 1) Don't take each other for granted, you never know when it will be your last "I love you" 2) The Lord prepares us for EVERYTHING, even a car accident, and finally 3) that God is a merciful God! Hug your loved ones today!!!

6 comments:

Laurie Wilcox said...

I completely agree! I'm so glad that Brian is okay! Car accidents are so scary. There is nothing better than those sweet answers to prayers... especially keeping a loved one safe!

Mikasa said...

Wow, its always amazing to see those tender mercies of the Lord in our lives. We are so glad your hubby is safe.

Gurr Family said...

Thank goodness for prayers. I am so grateful that your family is still intact.

jared and susan said...

Oh my GOSH! I am so glad Brian is Ok. What an amazing blessing to get through a rollover without even a scratch. Thank goodness for prayer. I miss you guys.

Cutler Family said...

I am so glad that everything turned out okay! The Lord really is mindful of us. I'm glad he is watching over your family :)

McKendricks said...

We are glad to hear Brian was okay. The Lord was truly watching over him.