Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blah!

For those of you who have a weak stomach, you might not want to read this!!! So, our weekend adventure consisted of puking, diarrhea and fevers for all....yeah! I haven't thrown up in 5 years, not even when I was pregnant (I know, some of you are hating me right now), so needless to say, I don't really have a weak stomach. I first started feeling sickly at work on Saturday around noon, and at first thought it was just a gallbladder attack (they suck in case you've never experienced one). Anyway, I stayed at work, but by 4:30, after checking a patient's blood sugar (which the sight of blood and the smell made me nauseated for the first time in my life), I quickly ran out of my patient's room to the closest empty room and puked my guts out...gross! Strangely they sent me home from work. I luckily only threw up one more time that night, but ran a fever and could barely get up to go pee. The fun part is that Brian was in Pocatello for the weekend for military training, so he couldn't come help out. Thank goodness for my sister-in-law Ashley who came over to help with Landen while I wished for relief on the couch. Well, come to find out, Brian started having the exact same symptoms that night and by 2:00 am he also was puking his guts out (he'd been sleeping on the ground in a tent full of other guys and had to drag himself to the closest johnny on the spot, so I can't complain too much). Landen luckily hasn't had a fever, but we're thinking he's they "typhoid Mary" if you will, because he's had diarrhea since last Friday, been more spitty, but not puking and even the babysitters got the same bug. I'm seriously feeling sorry for this kid, if it's not one thing it's another. If you survive childhood, you can survive anything I've decided. We're all back to mostly normal today and hopefully Landen will stop spreading the love around!

1 comments:

Gurr Family said...

I am so sorry. If you ever need help let me know.
P.S We still have your bat from the ward fiesta. It will get to you, I just keep forgetting.