Monday, July 13, 2009

The 4th...finally!!!

Our day started out early with a pancake breakfast with our ward. They put Brian in charge of the little flag ceremony that they do every 4th and I even got to help. They recognized all the men/women in our ward that had served or are currently serving in the military, which surprisingly ended up being quite a big number. I got to hold up the marine flag as the names of the marines were read. We then has yummy pancakes made by the bishopric, and someone made an orange cream syrup that was DELISH and I'm still need to find out who made it so I can get the recipe...yum yum!
Landen chillin' waiting for the flag ceremony to start.

Lining up for the pancakes!


We then headed down to the parade, which I'd never been too, I know, sad! BJ even came along.



Landen with his Met Life fan, which he was more interested in than the parade!



Trying to figure out how to get out of his stroller.


We went down to Idaho Falls for their awesome fireworks and found a spot along the river right across from the temple...gorgeous!



Bored and waiting for the fireworks.
Still bored


Getting tired. He stayed awake for about half the fireworks then zonked out. He didn't even cry, so I was impressed!

0 comments: