Friday, May 9, 2008

2nd Trimester and another appointment

So I went in for another checkup today, and of course was due for my lovely yearly woman's exam. All I have to say is that men sure have it easy! Other than that, it was great hearing the baby's heartbeat again, especially since I've had horrible feelings of doom (for a lack of a better way to describe it) about miscarrying and just not knowing it yet. I've been hearing too many stories of miscarriages lately, and taking care of too many women that have come in for D and C's. So, my mind can rest at ease for another 4 weeks. I think once I actually feel the baby start moving...and recognizing it as movement, it might be a little easier to believe everything is OK. Who knew I would become such a worry wart!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hearing the hearbeat is so much fun. I am happy that everything is going well! When do you find out the gender? Are you guys going to find out or wait and let it be a surprise?
Can I just tell you again that I am so excited for you! You really need to come and visit before you have this kid! It is your turn to make the trek east...haha!

Keirsten said...

You can't help but worry when you're pregnant! As soon as you tell people that you're expecting all these horrror stories start piling in about this and that. It really gets you all freaked out! I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with Graham. The stories never stop coming either, and the further along you get the more you just want to have it so there's no chance of something going wrong. Any way, I feel for ya! You're going to love feeling the baby move it's so neat! Love ya!

Morgan said...

I love hearing the heart beat! It is such a comforting sound at the beginning! I gotta say though...the worry wort thing, doesn't get any better. Just worse as they grow.