Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hope!

Maybe this is a little premature to be talking about this and I'm going to jinx myself (heck no I'm not pregnant!), but my little man slept for 10 hours straight last night, and I got him to sleep for an extra hour by snuggling with him. Our ultimate goal has been to get him to sleep from 7 pm to 7am and right now we're at 7pm to 5am (unless you count the extra hour of snuggle time, then he slept until 630), so we're getting there! I'm so excited! Just remembering the early days, I'd almost cry when it came to going to bed because I knew I wouldn't get any sleep to now is an amazing difference! I know a lot of people love "Babywise," but I didn't agree with everything that was in there, especially when trying to tie it in with a preemie. But, I would whole heartedly recommend the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." This book actually goes all the way through adolescence and instilling healthy sleep habits in every age. It's great! Anyway, I'll get off my soap box, but I'm feeling especially well rested today!

9 comments:

Melissa Voss said...

Wow! That is awesome. I really might have to check into that book. I was going to tell ya yesterday about this chat site for mothers that I'm a part of but forgot. It's great for getting advice and it's fun to talk to a bunch of other mothers. If you're interested here's the link... http://www.chatterscene.com/csboards/register.php?referrerid=295

Melissa Voss said...

oh yeah... did you want those huggies? They're yours if you want them.

April said...

I just checked out Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child from the library :)

beadify said...

Hi Royers!I found your blog a little while ago, and meant to leave a comment, but couldn't remember if I actually had or if I got distracted. Anyway, looks like you are doing well. You have a cute little guy! Congrats on the sleep success. We have good days and bad in that area, but never have I had a child sleep for 12 hrs. That would be nice! :)

Melissa Voss said...

You don't have to pay for them. I didn't even pay for them. But I'm happy to give them to you.

Cammy Aller said...

OMG! He is so Freaking Cute!! so fun Conny got to visit with you! Glade your going well :)

Gurr Family said...

It is so nice when they sleep through the night. Especially when you have to work 12 hour shifts. I bet Bryan likes it too.

Michelle said...

By the way...love that book! That's how we got Sienna to seel 7pm to 7am by 3.5 months! Congrats on getting some sleep. Not much longer and he will be sleeping 12 hours.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that book. My girls sleep for 12 hours a night every night due to that book! I am glad you were able to get some sleep!